LPN to ADN Transition Program
Licensed Practical Nurses are eligible for advanced placement in the Associate Degree Nursing Program when they have the following requirements:
1. East Central Community College application or readmit application for former students.
2. Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
Application packets for the bridge program may be obtained after August 1 each year from the Associate Degree Nursing Program Office, P. O. Box 129, Decatur, MS 39327, or by calling 601-635-6293. Application packets must be submitted together in a single packet to the Associate Degree Nursing Program office by November 15 of the year of admission. You must include the following items in this packet:
1. Bridge Program Application
2. Unrestricted Mississippi LPN license number
3. Have one-year clinical work experience whithin the last five years; documentation from employer(s) must be submitted with application.
4. Documentation of an ACT score
5. Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
6. Application packets that do not include all the previously listed items may not be considered.
Pre-requisite Course Requirements
(to be completed before entrance in January)
BIO 2514 Anatomy and Physiology I
BIO 2524 Anatomy and Physiology II
ENG 1113 English Composition I
EPY 2533 Human Growth and Development
NUR 1148 - *** Nursing Transition - 8 semester hours
ENG 1123 English Composition II *
BIO 2924 Microbiology *
Fine Arts/Humanities Elective**
***After successful completion of NUR 1148, the student is awarded credit for the freshman courses NUR 1116, NUR 1103 and NUR 1129 (18 credits) in place of NUR 1148 (8 credits) for a total of 18 credits.
Sophomore Year - First Semester
PSY 1513 General Psychology
NUR 2149 Nursing III
NUR 2121 Nursing Seminar
Sophomore Year - Second Semester
SOC 2113 Introduction to Sociology**
SPT 1113 Oral Communication**
NUR 2159 Nursing IV
NUR 2121 Nursing Seminar
*May be taken concurrently with NUR 1148 if not taken prior to admission to the program.
**May be taken at any time during the nursing curriculum.
Any non-nursing courses may be taken prior to but not later than specified in the course sequence. East Central Community College Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) formerly NLNAC, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, Georgia 30326 and The Board of Trustees of State Institutuins of Higher Learning of Mississippi.
Applications will be available August 1, 2015.