Surgical Technology is an instructional program that prepares an individual to serve as a member of a surgical team. The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Surgical Technology will be awarded to the successful graduate of the 24 month program and graduates of the 12 month program will be awarded the Certificate of Surgical Technology. Qualified graduates may apply to the Association of Surgical Technologies for the National Certifying Examination and become a Certified Surgical Technologist.
All applicants are considered on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. Applicants are evaluated on ACT score, academic course work, and GPA. Completed Healthcare Education Program application must be submitted to the Office of Healthcare Education by June 1st for spring admission.
Admission Requirements for Surgical Technology
1) Must apply for regular admission and be accepted by the College;
2) Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
3) Must have a high school diploma or GED;
4) Must have an ACT composite score of 16 with a 12 in math and reading, or 12 composite if taken before October 1989, with a 12 in math and reading;
5) Applicants must undergo a personal interview with the admission committee; AND
6) Applicants must be recommended by the Surgical Technology Admissions Committee.
Application packet will be available January 2, 2014 until June 1, 2014
Degree Option Information
Certificate Option Information
Clinical Case Requirements