Note: ALL borrowers must have completed the 2016-2017 FAFSA and have submitted any other documentation requested by the Financial Aid Office. Your financial aid file must be complete before a student loan will be reviewed.
Don't qualify for grants or scholarships? You can also apply for a Federal Student Loan. Download the application at the link below, complete steps 1, 2, and 3 online, and return the loan application with your loan history attached (step 1) to the financial aid office for processing.
*Please do not leave anything blank and be sure to sign and date the bottom.
(Step 1) Loan History Review
- You will need to click on "Financial Aid Review," print your loan history & attach it to the loan application
(Step 2) Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling
- Required each academic year for borrowers at East Central Community College
(Step 3) Master Promissory Note
- The Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a multi-year promissory note that student borrowers must use when applying for the Federal Direct Stafford Loan.
(Step 4) Download and complete the loan request form (using link below)
- Please do not leave anything blank and be sure to sign and date the bottom.
* Stafford Loan Exit Counseling
- Required for Federal Stafford Loan borrowers at East Central Community College who graduate, withdraw, or leave school.
Click here for 2017-18 Loan Application
On July 6, 2012, the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) was enacted. MAP-21 added a new provision to the Direct Loan statutory requirements that limits a first-time borrower's eligibility for Direct Subsidized Loans to a period not to exceed 150 percent of the length of the borrower’s educational program. Only first-time borrowers on or after July 1, 2013 are subject to the new provision.