How to Apply for Dual Credit at East Central Community College
Dual Credit allows high school students an opportunity to participate in courses at East Central Community College, in partnership with their local high schools, to earn academic credit toward meeting high school graduation requirements and toward the completion of an ECCC degree. College credit earned during Dual Credit enrollment is a permanent part of the ECCC transcript.
Students may be granted admission status at ECCC in Dual Credit courses while concurrently enrolled in high school if they meet the following admission requirements:
- Have completed a minimum of fourteen (14) core high school units (students who do not have fourteen (14) core high school units but who have a composite score of thirty (30) on the ACT assessment may be considered for enrollment);
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale for high school work completed; and
- Have the unconditional recommendation of their high school principal or guidance counselor.
To apply for Dual Credit at ECCC, visit www.eccc.edu and click on the orange Apply Now button at the top of the page. Then, follow these steps:
Page 1 (Enrollment Information)
- Select the year and term you are interested in taking Dual Credit classes.
- For your Admissions Status select ‘Dual Credit’
- Select ‘Non Degree Seeking’ for your anticipated program of study (This will prefill questions 4-8. No need to answer those questions.)
Page 2-3 (Personal Information and Contact Information)
- Correctly fill in your Personal Information. If it’s not correct, we’ll need more information from you to complete your admissions. Also, provide us with an email account and phone number that you will monitor for any updates regarding dual credit admissions.
Page 4-5 (Address Information and Guardian Information)
- Be sure to provide a physical address for your legal address. We cannot accept a PO Box address for this information. Please be sure to provide your parent’s or legal guardian’s full legal name. If you have a court appointed legal guardian, you must submit proof of this for admissions purposes.
Page 7-8 (Education and Acknowledgement)
- Please do NOT list college information if you HAVE NOT ATTENDED any colleges. For your Acknowledgement, please be sure to correctly put YOUR first name initial and last name initial.