Dear High School Players:
The East Central Community College Baseball Department is offering the 11th Annual Fall Baseball Camp for high school players in grades 9-12. (9th grade athletes have the option of either the Jr. High or High School Fall Baseball Camp, personally determine your own skill set.)
The goal of this camp is to give participants the opportunity to enhance their skills through instruction and competition. In an effort to ensure ample instruction time for each participant, ECCC is striving to keep the numbers of each team to a minimum; therefore, it is vitally important that we can count on each player to be present at each scheduled date for his team. In addition, the ECCC baseball staff and/or players will be responsible for coaching and instructing to help each player benefit from the camp.
This camp is ultimately designed for athletes not participating in other sports during this time period. Those students who are involved in fall sports are asked to check with their high school coach before registering for the camp.
The deadline to register is Monday, October 2. Details for the camp are listed below. For more information contact the ECCC baseball coaches’ office at 601-635-6226 / 601-635-6374 or 601-635-6415.
- Games begin Monday, October 16, and continue through November 9. (4 teams are needed to play in that time frame. If 5-6 teams make, it is possible to play either on some additional Saturdays or into the week of November 13. The 4-team bracket will be played based on dates listed at below. Changes could be maded based on weather.
- The deadline to register is Monday, October 2. Please call, email, or fax camp form in to reserve spot. Camp spots are limited.
- All teams will play doubleheader each week and every player must attend all games.
- The cost to participate is $200.00 per player, which includes a game shirt.
- Camp Goal: 4-6 teams
- Each team is guaranteed 8 instructional games (2 hour time limit). If there are any game cancellations due to rain, camp sessions will still be held at the indoor facilities and all teams will need to report at their required times unless contacted otherwise. Makeup games due to weather will take place during the week of November 13 – November 17. Any weather concerns feel free to contact us by cell phone.
- Each date, teams will participate in a one hour skills (hitting, pitching and defensive play) session before or in between games.
- Checks should be made payable to East Central Community College Baseball.
Insurance Information: All participants must mail proof of medical insurance. Note: All participants must have this signed release.
Registration and payment should be sent to:
Attn: Tyler Buckley
P.O. Box 129
Decatur, MS 39327
After all players have completed registration, players will be divided equally based on their positions. We will then contact each player with schedules and game times. Each team will play two instructional games and participate in a 1 hour skills session once a week on one of the following dates:
WEEK 1: Monday, Octotber 16 / Wednesday, October 18
WEEK 2: Tuesday, October 24th / Wednesday, October 25
WEEK 3: Monday, October 30 / Thursday, November 2
WEEK 4: Monday, November 6 / Thursday, November 9
WEEK 5 (Rain Dates): Tuesday, November 14 / Thursday, November 16 (or prior during camp pending availability)
2017 8th Consecutive Appearance MACJC Playoffs/NJCAA Region 23 Appearance/Achieved No. 6 National Ranking
2016 MACJC CHAMPIONS (7th Consecutive Appearance; More than any other MACJC Team)/Region 23 Runner Up/No. 10 National Rankings
2016 Region 23 Runner Up / Ranked No. 10 Nationally
2015 MACJC Playoff Appearance
2014 MACJC & Region 23 Appearance
2013 MACJC Champions/Ranked No. 16 Nationally
2012 & 2011 MACJC Playoff Appearance
2010 MACJC Runner-Up/Ranked No. 10 Nationally
2007 MACJC Champions