The Board of Trustees of East Central Community College seeks a visionary leader who is committed to the continued growth and development of one of the state’s and nation’s foremost community colleges.
The next president shall be an individual who recognizes that the students are the most important people on campus. The individual shall be open, accessible, energetic, and articulate. It is important that the individual recognizes that quality is expected in every facet of the College’s operation.
Qualifications for the Presidency
- An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education by December 31, 2019.
- At least five years of senior-level experience in educational administration and leadership, preferably at the community-college level.
- Experience is preferred at community college level or higher.
- Previous classroom teaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in fiscal management.
- Demonstrated commitment to the community college philosophy.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Familiarity with the governance and operation of community colleges in Mississippi.
- Demonstrated knowledge of resource development.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning.
- Understanding of the accreditation process by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Evidence of the ability to represent the College’s needs in government and in the private sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the use of technology in education and in educational Administration.
- Familiarity with the College’s service area.
The Application Process
Application materials must include the following:
- A completed Employment Application (PDF) or Employment Application (Word).
- A personal letter addressing the applicant’s professional qualifications and how the skills relate to and match the qualifications required for the position.
- A current resume.
- A one-page statement of the applicant’s philosophy of education.
- Official transcripts of all college course work.
- A list of the names of five references indicating the professional positions, addresses, business and home telephone numbers, and the relationship with the applicant for each reference.
JANUARY 31, 2020
The Board of Trustees plans to name the ninth president of the College at the Board’s March 2020, regular meeting.
Please send all application materials to:
Mrs. Carole Germany
Presidential Search Committee Liaison
East Central Community College
P. O. Box 129
Decatur, Mississippi 39327
The salary for the new president shall be commensurate with the educational and experience levels of the person chosen.
East Central Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or qualified disability in its educational programs and activities, employment practices, or admissions processes. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies of East Central Community College: Inquiries regarding compliance with Title VI, ADEA, and Title IX are coordinated by Dr. Teresa Mackey, Vice President for Instruction, Walter Arno Vincent Administration Building, Room 171, Post Office Box 129, Decatur, MS 39327, Phone: 601-635-6202, Fax: 601-635-4011, email@example.com. Inquiries regarding compliance with Section 504 and ADA are coordinated by Dr. Randall Lee, Vice President of Student Services, Eddie M. Smith Student Union, Room 201, Post Office Box 129, Decatur, MS 39327, Phone: 601-635-6375, Fax: 601-635-3247, firstname.lastname@example.org.