November 10, 2017
The newest additions to the ECCC Warrior baseball program for the 2018-19 season include, (front row, from left) Jesse Boydstun, Winston Academy; Eli Harrison, Newton County High School; Tanner Knight, Eupora High School; Roper Ball, Nanih Waiya High School; and Al Dumas, Eupora High School; and (second row, from left) Evan Keith, Vancleave High School; Braxton Rose, Newton County Academy; Walker Johnson, East Webster High School; Will Newell, Florence High School; and Khristian Washington, Madison-Central High School. (EC Photo)
The high school seniors who will join the East Central Community College baseball team in fall 2018 were recognized today with a reception in the Mabry Cafeteria on the Decatur campus.
The 10-member class and their families were in attendance to be greeted by the Warrior coaches, and several members of the college’s administration, faculty, and staff.
The new additions to the Warrior baseball program for the 2018-19 season include:
- Roper Ball, infielder, Nanih Waiya High School
- Jesse Boydstun, outfielder, Winston Academy
- Al Dumas, outfielder, Eupora High School
- Eli Harrison, catcher/infielder, Newton County High School
- Walker Johnson, right-handed pitcher, East Webster High School
- Evan Keith, infielder/outfielder/right-handed pitcher, Vancleave High School
- Tanner Knight, right-handed pitcher, Eupora High School
- Will Newell, outfielder/right-handed pitcher, Florence High School
- Braxton Rose, right-handed pitcher/infielder, Newton County Academy
- Khristian Washington, infielder, Madison-Central High School
“We are extremely pleased with this group of young men who will join our program next fall,” said ECCC Head Baseball Coach Neal Holliman, who begins his 12th season this spring leading the Warriors. “Not only do they bring a great amount of talent to our programs across several positions on the field, but they are outstanding individuals and the type of young men we like to have in our program.”
The new players join a Warrior baseball program rich in history, including a Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges State Championship in May 2016 and a runner-up finish in the National Junior College Athletic Association Region 23 Division II Tournament. It was the third state championship for Holliman and the college’s fourth overall.
The 2017 Warriors finished 34-17 and competed in both the MACJC State and NJCAA Region 23 tournaments.
East Central will open its 2018 baseball season in February.