Encore Players Present “Freaky Friday”
The East Central Community College Encore Players will present “Freaky Friday” March 29-April 2. Evening performances are at 7 p.m. Friday, March 29, and Saturday, March 30. Matinees will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 31, and 9 a.m. Monday and Tuesday, April 1-2. All performances will be in the Vickers Fine Arts Center Auditorium. Tickets are $10 for the evening performances and the Sunday afternoon matinee. Morning matinees on April 1-2 are $5. Tickets may be purchased by calling 601-635-2111.
One-Stop-Shop Session March 27
Students, there will be a One-Stop-Shop Session Wednesday, March 27, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the foyer of Mabry Cafeteria. Before you attempt to Advance Register for summer and fall courses, make sure to check on holds on your student account that could prevent you from registering for courses. At the One-Stop-Shop session, Instructional Counselors will be available to assist you along with staff from the Admissions, Business, and Financial Aid offices.
Spring Graduation Application Deadline March 29
All students who are planning to receive a diploma and/or certificate this spring semester must fill out a graduation application. Applications will be accepted through 4 p.m., March 29, 2019. No applications will be accepted after that date. The application must be completed online using myEC. An Application for Graduation is required even if you do not plan to walk at the Commencement on May 3, 2019.
Faculty/Staff Employee of Year Nominations Due March 31
Nominations for the Excellence in Teaching & Learning Award and the Excellence with Class Award continue. Each recipient will receive a $500 cash award for their own personal use and will be honored at Fall Convocation in August. Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, and students. The deadline for nominations is March 31, 2019. Please see links to the nomination forms below. You must log-in to myEC to be able to access these forms.
Junior Days March 28-29
The college will host its annual Junior Days on Thursday and Friday, March 28-29. Nearly 1,300 high school juniors from across the five-county district are expected to be on campus those two days. Student Services has several activities and learning opportunities planned, including the annual Information Showcase from 12:15 to 1 p.m. both days in Brackeen-Wood Gym.
Advance Registration for current ECCC students for the Summer and Fall 2019 terms begins on Monday, April 1, at 6 a.m. We will use the Add/Drop method to register for classes for Summer and Fall 2019. Please log-in to myEC for additional important details about the registration process.
As you prepare for registration for these terms, you will need to schedule an appointment to see your advisor. During this advising appointment, you will discuss your class schedule and be cleared for registration. To allow advising appointments to be scheduled more efficiently, you will be able to schedule an appointment with your advisor through myEC beginning Feb. 26 at 8 a.m. Listed below are the important dates that you need to be aware of to prepare for registration:
- February 26, 8.a.m.-March 10, 10 p.m.—Schedule an advising appointment with your advisor in myEC.
- March 11, 8 a.m.-April 30, 4 p.m.—Meet with your advisor to plan your Summer and/or Fall class schedule.
- April 1—Advance Registration for Summer and/or Fall 2019 begins at 6 a.m.
Advising appointments will fill quickly so be sure to schedule an appointment with your advisor beginning Feb. 26.
Warrior Golf Classic Registration Now Open
The 18th Annual Warrior Golf Classic is slated for Friday, May 10, on the Oaks Course of the Dancing Rabbit Golf Club in Choctaw. The tournament is sponsored by the ECCC Alumni Association and all proceeds support student scholarships. Online registration is available at www.eccc.edu./estore.
Financial Aid deadlines approaching!
To have eligible funds available when fall semester begins, you must have your FAFSA processed by April 1, 2019. Processing time can take up to five days after completion of application. Please remember that each school year you must reapply for financial aid.
- For Federal Aid such as Pell Grant and FSEOG—Go to www.fafsa.gov and complete the 2019-20 FAFSA.
- For State Aid such as MTAG, HELP, and MESG—Go to www.msfinancialaid.org and complete the application.
First group of refunds coming soon!
Financial aid disbursements are made each semester, once money is received. These are made at various times, with the first group of disbursements occurring at 55% of the semester completed. The beginning date of a class is used to determine whether a student will be eligible to be included in the first disbursement group, such as those classes that began at the start of the semester and include online and the Intensive II classes. The Intensive II classes begin at a later date within the semester; therefore, the disbursements for those classes would be later, once reaching the 55% completion point. There may be adjustments made to an award for those students who withdraw from school or drop out (cut out) of school prior to the 60% completion point of the semester because of federal regulations determined by the U.S. Department of Education.
Concert Choir/Vocé Auditions
Students interested in being a member of the Concert Choir and/or Vocé acapella vocal ensemble next year can audition on the following days/times:
- Friday, April 5, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, May 3, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 8, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Monday-Tuesday, Aug. 12-13 (please use the signup sheet on the door of 102 Vickers Fine Arts Center for these two days)
Auditions will be held in room 112 of Vickers. For more information, contact director Lucus Orndorff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cultural Arts Events
- Annual ECCC Student Art Exhibition—April 2-30, weekdays during normal college hours, Vickers Fine Arts Center Lobby. The exhibition features drawings, paintings, sculpture, and designs produced by ECCC students during the most recent school year.
- Cultural Arts Series Lecture—Tuesday, April 9, 2:25 p.m., Vickers Fine Arts Center Lecture Room. Art majors who went to Chicago during Spring Break will lecture on what they learned in Chicago and how the trip will allow them to develop as young academic art students.
- Collegians Spring Concert—Tuesday, April 9, 7-8 p.m., Huff Auditorium.
- Annual ECCC Student Art Exhibition Awards Reception—Tuesday, April 16, 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m., Vickers Fine Arts Center Lobby.
- Concert Choir/Vocé Spring Concert—Tuesday, April 16, 7-8 p.m., Huff Auditorium.
Band Auxiliary Workshops/Tryouts
- Drum Major Workshop, Monday, March 25, 1-3 p.m., Band Hall.
- Centralette Workshop, Tuesday, April 2, 5-7 p.m., South Campus Gym.
- Color Guard Workshop, Thursday, April 4, 5-7 p.m., South Campus Gym.
- Centralette Practice, Monday, April 8, 1-3 p.m., South Campus Gym.
- Centralette Tryout, Monday, April 8, 3-5 p.m., South Campus Gym.
- Drum Major Tryout, Wednesday, April 10, 1-3 p.m., Vickers Fine Arts Center Auditorium.
- Color Guard Practice, Tuesday, April 16, 1-3 p.m., South Campus Gym.
- Color Guard Tryout, Tuesday, April 16, 3-5 p.m., South Campus Gym.
(New students attending any of these Orientation sessions must RSVP.)
- Advance Registration for Current Students—Monday, April 1, Online.
- Dual Credit/Dual Enrolled Orientation—Friday, April 5, 9 a.m., Huff Auditorium.
- On-Campus Housing Orientation—Friday, April 12, 9 a.m., Huff Auditorium.
- New & Transfer Orientation—Friday, April 26, Noon, Huff Auditorium.
- New & Transfer Orientation—Wednesday, May 8, 9 a.m., Vickers Fine Arts Center.
- New & Transfer Orientation—Wednesday, June 5, 9 a.m., Vickers Fine Arts Center.
- New & Transfer Orientation (Walk-In Orientation/Registration)—8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m., June 10 to August 1, Monday through Thursday.
- New & Transfer Orientation—Wednesday, August 7, 9 a.m., Vickers Fine Arts Center.
ECCC will hold tryouts for the 2019-20 Cheerleading Squad from 8 a.m. until Noon Saturday, April 13, in the South Campus Gym. There is a $25 fee for all participants. Pre-tryout clinics will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. April 9-11 in the South Campus Gym. During these sessions, participants will learn the cheer, fight song routine, and stunts necessary for tryouts. Those wishing to tryout must attend at least one clinic. Those selected for the squad receive full-tuition scholarships.
Warrior POST Now Open
The Warrior POST (Providing Others Support Together) Food Pantry located in Room 211 of the Tucker Applied Technology Center is sponsored by the college’s Theta Chi Chapter of Phi Beta Lambda. Warrior POST provides free non-perishable food items and other life necessities to currently enrolled students with demonstrated need. For more information and to apply for assistance, visit www.eccc.edu/warrior-post. Any person or organization can make donations of non-perishable food items and other necessities to the Warrior POST food pantry. A list of currently needed items is located on the webpage. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Upcoming College Recruiter Visits
College recruiters will be located in the lobby of Mabry Cafeteria from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 27—University of Mississippi
Upcoming Sports Events
Softball @ Meridian
Tuesday, March 26, 3/5 p.m.
Men’s/Women’s Tennis vs. Meridian
Wednesday, March 27, 3 p.m.
Baseball @ Southwest
Wednesday, March 27, 3/6 p.m.
Men’s/Women’s Tennis vs. Holmes
Friday, March 29, 1 p.m.
Softball vs. Itawamba
Friday, March 29, 2/4 p.m.
Baseball vs. East Mississippi
Saturday, March 30, 2/5 p.m.