Surgical Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree
Surgical Technology is an instructional program that prepares an individual to serve as a member of the surgical healthcare team.
Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Surgical Technology will be awarded to the successful graduate of the 24-month program. Qualified graduates may apply to the Association of Surgical Technologists for the National Certifying Examination and become a Certified Surgical Technologist.
- The student must apply for regular admission or readmission and be accepted by the college.
- Applicants must submit a completed application for the Surgical Technology program to the Office of Healthcare Education.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be in good physical condition as verified by a medical examination and certifying report (National Certification Requirement).
- Must have an ACT composite score of 16 with a 12 in math and reading, or 12 composite if taken before October 1989, with a 12 in math and reading.
- Applicants must undergo a personal interview with the admissions committee.
- Applicants must be recommended by the Surgical Technology Admissions Committee.
- Must have CPR Certification.
- Candidates must have no visible tattoos on hands or face.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial assistance, such as Pell Grants, College Work Study, Scholarships and Loans, is available to qualified East Central Community College Students. For more information contact the Office of Financial Aid at 1-877-462-3222, extension 218.
A highly qualified faculty is dedicated to the mission of the college, to prepare students to meet the competencies of national and state agencies, and to prepare the student to write the CST examination.
Health Care Alliances
A variety of settings are utilized for clinical rotations that will enhance the student’s skills and knowledge base throughout the one year program.
Where Do I Begin
The Application for Admission is located Here. Applications are accepted between January 1 and June 1 of each year.
Meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program. Admission is based upon space availability. When the number of applicants who meet minimum requirements exceeds the number of available spaces the most-qualified applicants will be admitted.
- Lives within ECCC’s district or previously enrolled at ECCC: POINTS: 1
- ACT Score
|20 & Above||4|
- GPA: College or High School
4. Anatomy and Physiology I
5. Anatomy and Physiology II
TOTAL POINTS: _______
We appreciate your interest in our program and look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions or wish to make an appointment to discuss the program contact the Office of Healthcare Education by calling 601-635-6293.
East Central Community College’s Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA), which is under Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP). Contact information for ARC/STSA is 6 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite 110, Littleton, CO 80120. Phone (303) 694 9262, Fax (303) 741 3655. Contact information for CAAHEP is 25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763, and phone number is (727) 210 2350 and fax is (727) 210 2354.