Surgical Technology is an instructional program that prepares an individual to serve as a member of a surgical team. The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Surgical Technology will be awarded to the successful graduate of the 24-month program. Qualified graduates may apply to the Association of Surgical Technologies for the National Certifying Examination and become a Certified Surgical Technologist.
All applicants are considered on a competitive basis. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. Applicants are evaluated on ACT score, academic course work, and GPA. Completed Healthcare Education Program application must be submitted to the Office of Healthcare Education by June 1 for spring admission.
For more information
Admission Requirements for Surgical Technology
- Must apply for regular admission and be accepted by the College;
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED;
- Must have an ACT composite score of 16 with a 12 in math and reading, or 12 composite if taken before October 1989, with a 12 in math and reading;
- Applicants must undergo a personal interview with the admission committee; AND
- Applicants must be recommended by the Surgical Technology Admissions Committee.
East Central Community College’s Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA), which is under Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP). Contact information for ARC/STSA is 6 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite 110, Littleton, CO 80120. Other contact information for the accrediting agency is Phone (303) 694 9262, Fax (303) 741 3655. Contact information for CAAHEP is 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, and phone number is (727) 210 2350 and fax is (727) 210 2354.
Clinical Case Requirements
Surgical Rotation Case Requirements
Student Work Policy and Procedure
Surgical Technology Student Work Policy
ARC/STSA Approved Outcomes Assessment Exam Program Pass-Rate
Outcomes Assessment Exam Pass Rate