30 Hour Career Certificate
Gainful Employment Details
The Welding and Cutting curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in the field of welding and cutting. The curriculum includes the following types of welding : Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC), Carbon Arc Cutting, Oxyfuel Cutting and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW).
|Courses taught in the Welding & Cutting program are...|
|For a complete course listing for the Welding and Cutting program, please see that ECCC Catalog.|
Careers in the welding field....
Welders are always in demand at home and in the world with varying degrees of earnings..
Welding occupations range from the home hobby shop to oil fields, construction sites, or manufacturing industries in the world-wide global market...
Tools & Supply List for Welding & Cutting
- Safety Glasses
- Welding Respirator (Instructor Approved)
- Ear Plugs
- Welding Gloves
- Cutting Goggles w/#4 or #5 lens
- Welding Cap (Instructor Approved)
- Notebook, pens, pencils, 4 permanent markers
- Welding Cape Sleeves or Jacket (Instructor Approved)
- Welding Hood w/#10 & 12 lens (1 ea. filter, 2 clear cover lens) Auto/dark hoods are acceptable
- Heavy dark 100% cotton work shirt w/button down pockets
- Heavy dark 100% cotton work pants w/no cuffs or frayed edges
- All leather high top, steel toe work shoes or boots
For more information on the Welding & Cutting program at ECCC....
The fields marked * are required.