30 Hour Career Certificate
East Central Community College offers the Diesel Equipment Technology program at the former U.S. Motors plant in Philadelphia.
According to recent statistics by the Mississippi Department of Employment Security, experienced diesel technicians in the ECCC area can earn up to $26.12 per hour or $54,324 annually.
The instructional program provides students with competencies required to maintain a variety of industrial diesel equipment, including agricultural tractors, commercial trucks, and construction equipment. It will include instruction in inspections, repair, maintenance of engines, powertrains, hydraulic systems, and other components.
Students can choose to receive a career certificate, technical certificate, or an Associate of Applied Science degree.
Courses taught in the Diesel Equipment Technology program:
- Fundamentals of Equipment Mechanics
- Electrical/Electronic Systems I, II, III
- Hydraulics I
- Diesel Systems I, II, III
- Preventative Maintenance and Service
- Transportation Power Train
- Air Conditioning and Heating Systems
- Advanced Brake Systems (Air)
- Steering and Suspension Systems
- Heavy Equipment Powertrain
For more information on the Diesel Equipment Technology Program:
The fields marked * are required.