To be admitted to the EMT Basic, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must apply for regular admission and be accepted by the College.
- The applicant must submit an application for the EMT Basic course to the Office of Healthcare Education.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma, high school equivalency, or equivalent.
- All applicants selected for admission into the EMT program must submit proof of the following items:
- Physical examination obtained by a physician or nurse practitioner within 2-3 months prior to admission.
- Proof of immunizations against measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), or rubella titer.
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccine, or titer, or signed declination statement
- Proof of Influenza vaccination
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers card (completed in 2-3 months prior to admission).
- Valid proof of age to be eighteen (18) years or older (Accepted forms of validation include current driver’s license, birth certificate, state-issued identification, or tribal identification).
Meeting minimum EMT admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Applicants’ files must be complete and submitted to the Office of Admissions & Records and the Office of Healthcare Education to be considered for acceptance into the program. The student is responsible for assuring all data is correct and received by both offices before the application deadline. Students admitted to the course must adhere to the policies in the current East Central Community College Catalog and the Emergency Medical Technology Student Handbook.