1. Can I receive federal financial aid by taking just any course?
- No, you must declare a major course of study and be working towards a degree in that course of study
2. Do I need a certain grade point average to receive financial aid?
- Yes, you must comply with the ECCC Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
3. I probably don’t qualify for the Pell Grant. Should I fill out the FAFSA anyway?
- Yes, even if you don’t qualify for Pell grant, you must fill out a FAFSA if you are interested in a student loan.
4. Can I receive federal financial aid as a part-time student?
- Yes, if you are determined to be eligible based on Expected Family Contribution(EFC), cost of attendance(COA), and the number of hours you are taking
5. If I’m on financial aid suspension, can I receive financial aid?
- You may complete an appeal form
- If your appeal is denied, you cannot receive any type of financial aid
6. Do I have to file taxes to complete my FAFSA?
- You can mark “Will file” on the FAFSA but you must go back and enter the tax information after filing and before financial aid can be awarded
7. Do I have to be a student to receive a loan?
- Yes (and be enrolled in 6 or more hours)
8. When will refunds be disbursed?
- Funds are requested from the Department of Education once 55% of the course is completed
9. How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- The first step to apply for Financial Aid is to complete a FAFSA online at www.FAFSA.gov.
10. How do I apply for a loan?
- Complete the FAFSA
- Turn in a completed loan application with a printed loan history attached
- Complete online a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling.
- All of these steps and the application can be found on our website under Current Students and then Financial Aid.
11. Where do I go to make an FSA ID?
- Both student and parent (if dependent) must have an FSA ID to sign the FAFSA
12. How will I receive my refund?
- Contact the Business Office at 601-635-6208 regarding your BankMobile account.
13. What do I do if I lost my BankMobile card or never received one?
- Contact our Business Office at 601-635-6208, or stop by their office located in the Administrative Building on campus
14. Where do I go to pay my charges?
- The Business Office handles all payments and charges