SACSCOC Accreditation Statement
East Central Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate in Arts and Associate in Applied Science degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Central Community College. The commission is ONLY to be contacted if there is evidence that appears to support an institution’s significant noncompliance with a requirement or standard. All normal inquiries about the institution, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, and other college-related information should be addressed directly to the college and NOT to the office of the SACSCOC. East Central’s Accreditation Status.
East Central Community College is also an active member of the American Association of Community Colleges, the Mississippi Association of Community Colleges, the Mississippi Community College Foundation, and The Southern Association of Colleges with Associate Degrees.
- The Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning of Mississippi 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39211, (601) 432-6486, www.mississippi.edu/nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326; Phone 404-975-5000; Fax 404-975-5020; www.acenursing.org *USDOE Recognized. Graduates that meet the requirements of the State Board of Nursing are eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX®-RN).
- The Practical Nursing program is accredited by the Mississippi Community College Board; 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39311, www.mccb.edu.
- The Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs 9355 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775; Phone 727-210-2350; www.caahep.org.
- The Basic Emergency Medical Technology (EMT) program is accredited by the Mississippi Community College Board; 3825 Ridgewood Road, Jackson, MS 39311, www.mccb.edu and the Mississippi State Department of Health; 570 East Woodrow Wilson, Jackson, MS 39215; Phone 601-576-7031; Fax 601-576-7373; www.msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/47.html.
- The Cosmetology program is accredited by the Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology; 239 N. Lamar Street, Suite 301 Jackson, MS 39201; Phone 601-359-1820; Fax 601-354-6639; www.msbc.ms.gov/licensing-requirements/.
East Central Community College is authorized in all states listed as NC-SARA states as an institutional participant. The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is a national initiative to provide more access to online courses while maintaining compliance standards with state regulatory agencies. SARA allows institutions to provide online courses outside of their own state borders by seeking and maintaining state approvals via a streamlined process. To learn more about SARA, please visit nc-sara.org.
Some degree programs at East Central Community College are designed to be terminal while others are designed for transfer. A terminal degree is customarily for students who are looking to enter the workforce once they graduate from East Central. A transfer degree is customarily for students who plan to continue their studies by transferring their credits to a four-year college or university.
Some of the terminal degree programs available at East Central lead to professional licensure. Earning a degree from East Central in any of these programs prepares the student to become licensed to work in Mississippi; however, there may be additional requirements if the student wishes to work outside of Mississippi. While East Central attempts to identify and notify any student for which this may occur, if you are considering one of these programs and plan to apply for licensure outside of Mississippi, please contact the respective licensing board in that state to determine whether the East Central program will meet its educational requirements for licensure.
In addition to these program-specific notifications, ECCC has created a list of our transfer degree programs of study offered. Although no licensure is required upon earning one of these degrees from East Central, some of the professions associated with these fields of study can ultimately require licensure once the student has earned a higher-level degree at the institution to which s/he has transferred.
This document provides details regarding licensure for both our terminal degree programs and for those potential professions associated with transfer degree programs. If you have questions regarding any program that is not listed in the document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Complaint and Grievance Procedures
East Central Community College values high quality in the delivery of academic and administrative services to all students. If a student feels that the treatment he or she has received is not consistent with expectations based upon the College’s official documents, such as the Catalog or the Policies and Procedures Manual, the student is required to express his or her complaints in a manner that will provide documentation for a timely response and resolution.
The student should begin the complaint process with East Central Community College, and if the resolution is not satisfactory, the student may submit a formal complaint to ECCC’s Home State SARA Portal Entity, the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA).
MCCA’s current complaint process and complaint form can be accessed at the following link: http://www.mississippi.edu/mcca/student_complaint_process.asp.
The completed form should be mailed to:
Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211