The requirements for being inducted into ECCC’s Theta XI Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa are:
- Be presently enrolled in an associate degree or two-year career or technical program at East Central Community College.
- Have completed at least 15 hours of course work at East Central Community College leading to an associate degree. Grades for course completed at other institutions will be considered when determining membership eligibility.
- Have achieved a grade-point average of at least 3.5 from the preceding semester of enrollment at East Central Community College.
- Have achieved a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale), on all course work. Grades from developmental classes will not be used for determining GPA.
- Be enrolled in at least 15 semester hours during the semester in which member is inducted.
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average while enrolled at East Central Community College to retain membership.