A proctored examination is an exam in which you must come to a testing center where a person checks your identity and then allows you to take the exam under supervision.
IMPORTANT: All East Central Full-Term provided MSVCC courses require two proctored examinations, typically the mid-term and final exam. All East Central TERM I/TERM II/Summer MSVCC provided courses requires one proctored exam, typically the final exam. Your proctored examinations will account for 35% of your weighted total for MSVCC courses. Proctored exams may be in the form of computerized Canvas tests or paper tests. All MSVCC testing centers have specific days and times for testing. It is the student's responsibility to make an appointment with an official testing center within their examination date range. Proctored examinations will not be administered after the due date.
Students who live out-of-state or will be out-of-state during a required proctored examination should contact Kellie Penson at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding off-campus testing options. Arrangements should be made 10 business days prior to the proctored examination due date.
Testing Services for Non-EC/Non-MSVCC Students
East Central Community College is proud to offer proctoring services, for a small fee, to students who need to take examinations in a proctored environment but are not currently East Central Community College/MSVCC enrollees. To take advantage of this service, please complete the Application for Testing Services form.
eLearning Proctored Examination Procedures
**Effective Summer 2015, proctored examinations
must be scheduled via Canvas. **
Please view the video below on
Scheduling a Proctored Examination in Canvas
Click to view a printable tutorial
Scheduling a Proctored Examination in Canvas
Students are urged to carefully read and follow all proctored examination procedures.
- All proctored examinations must be scheduled online at least 24 hours prior to the desired test time. During peak times (mid-terms and finals), it is recommended that students make appointments at least one week in advance to secure the date and testing time desired. It is the responsibility of the student to be aware of the exam dates, times, and locations in order to make proper arrangements.
- Students should arrive at least 15 minutes in advance of their scheduled testing time to allow for check-in.
- Students must present their EC photo I. D. Non-EC students must present valid photo I.D. (driver’s license, school I. D., passport). PLEASE NOTE: Students who fail to produce the required identification will not be allowed to take their exam.
- Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late for their appointment may be asked to reschedule their examination appointment.
- No proctored examinations will be administered within one hour of closing (i.e. If the proctoring facility closes at 4:00pm, the last appointment will be seated at 3:00pm)
- Students must raise their hands when they are ready to begin their proctored examination.
- The proctor will assign seating.
- Students are prohibited from utilizing external sources during proctored examinations. External sources include accessing additional Internet windows and/or applications. Students who are caught accessing external sources will have the incident documented and the proctor will notify the instructor of the incident for further action.
- Students are prohibited from referring to books, notes, or other materials while taking an exam. Personal belongings such as briefcases, purses, and bags are not permitted in the exam room.
- Students are prohibited from talking, giving assistance or receiving assistance while taking an exam. The exam(s) for a student, or students, caught exchanging information will be documented and the proctor will notify the instructor(s) of the incident for further action.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the testing area until they have completed the exam. In the event that a student must leave the exam site, the proctor is required to end their exam immediately. Students who leave the exam site without completing their exam should contact their instructor for further instructions. The student may be required to schedule a make-up appointment for a later date/time.
- All materials, including any scratch paper obtained from the proctor and used during the taking of the exam must be returned to the proctor upon completion of the exam.
- Children are not permitted in the test site nor may they wait in the lobby. Students who bring children to the exam site will not be permitted to test.
- Palm Pilots, electronic dictionaries/thesaurus, cell phones, beepers, pagers, and any other electronic devices are not permitted.
- No open book/open note examinations will be proctored. If materials are allowed for a proctored examination, the proctoring site must receive them from the course instructor prior to the administration of the proctored examination. (i.e. Copies of periodic tables, mathematical formula sheets)
East Central Community College Testing Locations
Monday - Thursday
8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Monday & Wednesday
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Wednesday
8:30 a.m. - Noon